Tuesday 22 July 2014

Battles, memories, head and heart (2)

Part Two.


Then it begins, The seemingly innocent messages that mean nothing. The little how are you texts, that end in a kiss instead of a question mark. Those how was your day questions that only you ask. I won't tell you how i am. I can't tell you how i feel. I'm clinging onto reality one fingernail at a time, while you with every kind word dangle unreachable possibilities in front of my face.
"maybe we can meet and catch up." you say.
i manage to type,
" what would people think :). " jokingly even though my hands are shaking.
" so let's give them something to talk about xx." comes the next message.
I think i've stopped breathing. I feel like a clumsy teenager again, all shaking hands and raging hormones.
"Meaning x " i have managed to type one word while my insides do flips waiting for a reply.
"What ever you want it to mean xx." comes the cryptic reply.
Bloody games.

Every waking moment i'm trying to forget you. Putting clothes away i find one of your t shirts stuffed at the back of a drawer out of sight. i resist the urge to take it out and sniff it just incase it smells of you. I close the drawer so quickly i nearly trap my fingers in it.

That night i dream that i'm lying in a bubble bath. I open my eyes and there you are sitting on the floor at the end of the bathroom watching me. You tell me that you've missed me. I can sense that there are other people in the house, but when i wake next morning the only thing i remember is you.

My mind is playing a dangerous game. I'm not sure how i will survive this without breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment